1. The experience of an on-site themed resort is part of the magic that creates lasting memories. On-site resorts keep the feeling of excitement even when you have completed a day at your favorite park. You are not leaving the experience behind, you simply get to extend the enjoyment as you retire to your on-site sanctuary for the night!
2. Amenities! On-site resorts offer free wifi, more than one swimming pool (usually), free parking, onsite themed restaurants (some with character dining), arcades, and much more!
3. The proximity to the parks is unbeatable. Staying on-site saves a ton of time!
4. Enjoy extra time in the parks. Both Disney and Universal offer their guests extended time in parks before opening or after closing to the public. This is a great opportunity to experience some of the rides that normally have longer wait times.
5. Complimentary Disney Transportation! Disney offers you a ride to and from the airport and transportation from your resort to the parks and Disney Springs.
1. Some off-site resorts have very competitive prices that helps budget travelers afford a trip to our magical city!
2. There are many off-site properties that will offer scheduled transportation to either Walt Disney World or Universal. A few even have scheduled transportation to both. Please note, this service will typically drop off guests at a park in the morning and offer a couple of times to choose to return in the evening. Many resorts charge a fee for park shuttle service.
3. Off-site resorts are usually in areas that offer a variety of restaurants and shopping that may even be within walking distance. Check a map before making your decision, especially if you are not planning on renting a car while in town.
4. Many off-site resorts have water parks and/or large swimming pools with water features and kiddie pool areas. *Some water parks located at the resorts charge a fee to the guests.
5. Some of the off-site resorts will offer free breakfast and other amenities to entice you. This will save some money. Make sure to get a list and compare!
Now that you have the top 5 advantages of on-site and off-site resorts, which will you choose?
About Kim, your Magic Reporter...
Not just an obsessed theme park fan, I am also a professional theme park private guide and I own Orlando for Families, a vacation services company. I am a graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge, and also a certified specialist by Universal Orlando Resorts. I hold specialist certificates from Visit Orlando and Visit Florida as well.
I'm a busy professional and mom of two who enjoys visiting Walt Disney World several times a week, staying at theme park resorts (and off-site hotels) several times a month and dining in the parks and around Orlando every day.
I tell it like it is and hopefully my experiences, whether good or bad, will help guide you in the right direction on your next vacation to Orlando!
For questions, comments, call Orlando for Families at 407-734-5195 or send your questions using the form to the right or the chat button at the bottom of your screen.